Yuzuyu is a cute little girl with light brown hair and big brown eyes. She usually wears her hair down, but occasionally she is seen with different hairstyles. In the beginning of the series she's wearing her old preschool's uniform which was given to her by Miyako Sakashita (Yuzuyu's mother). Later on she is seen with her new preschool's uniform. Her casual clothes are girly and colorful.
Yuzuyu is an intelligent and joyful child who makes friends easily and enjoys playing with them. She struggles with the absence of Miyako Sakashita (Yuzuyu's mother) and her fear that it was her fault that her mother left, despite the reassurances from everyone else that that is not the case.
She does not take much offense to almost anything unless it involves Kippei Katakura. She forgives easily and is willing to make friends out of someone who did not initially like her. She cares deeply for her friends and doesn't like seeing them unhappy or hurt.
She quickly becomes attached to Kippei to the point where she takes any insult against him very seriously. Her overprotectiveness lands her in trouble a few times, but she doesn't mind so long as Kippei is happy.
- Unnamed Deceased Father
- Miyako Sakashista (Mother)
- Misako Katakura (Aunt)
- Reiko Katakura (Cousin)
- Kippei Katakura (Cousin)
- Satsuki Katakura (Cousin)
- Yuzuyu's surname Sakashita means "slope, hill" (坂) (saka) and "under, below" (下) (shita).
- Yuzuyu was born in October 10, 1998
- Some of Yuzuyu's favorite foods are corm, onigiri, and shellfish.
- Some of Yuzuyu's favorite activities include drawing and playing in the sandbox.
- In the episodes "The Reason for Tears" and "Mama’s Pajamas", Yuzuyu is shown to be very ticklish when Kippei Katakura tickles her to make her smile.